3 June 2019
Cheshire West and Chester Libraries has a range of events planned for Pyjamarama Week from 3 to 9 June. A new national scheme that replaces the old National BookStart Week and promotes the magic of having a bedtime story.
Libraries will be celebrating with Nick Sharratt and his wonderful book this year. “Car, Car Truck Sheep” is a noisy sing song through vehicles of all kinds to the tune of Baa Baa Black Sheep. The scheme also has the support of such literary stars as Matilda, Ben and Holly, Horrid Henry and Tracy Beaker.
Library events include Pyjamarama themed story-time and crafts in Westminster Park, Whitby Park and numerous libraries in the borough. You can also enjoy a story walk, crafts and rhymes at Lees Lane's fairy woodlands in Neston.
Council Leader, Councillor Louise Gittins, Portfolio Holder for Wellbeing said: “Reading and singing rhymes is one of the best bonding experiences that parents and carers can share with their children. Pyjamarama is a fantastic opportunity to get children engaged with rhymes and reading from a young age. I’d encourage families to come along to the fantastic events we have planned at libraries across the borough. Wearing pyjamas is optional for added fun.
“All events are free and if you’re not currently a library member you can join for free, either online or at any Cheshire West library.”
The events are as follows:
For more details enquire at your local library: www.cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk/libraries
- Monday 3 June 10.30 to 11.30am, Winsford - Rhymetime and crafts
- Monday 3 June 3.30 to 4pm, Barnton - Rhymetime with Mr Blue Bear
- Monday 3 June 1.30 to 7pm, Tarporley - Book character hunt
- Tuesday 4 June 10.30 to 11am, Weaverham - Baby Bounce
- Tuesday 4 June 10.30 to 11am, Wharton - Storytime
- Tuesday 4 June 10.30 to 11am, Winsford - Baby Bounce
- Tuesday 4 June 11 to 11.30am, Winsford - Sing and Sign
- Tuesday 4 June 11 to 11.30am, Northwich - Storytime and toy sleepover
- Tuesday 4 June 11 to 11.30pm, Sandiway -Rhymetime and crafts
- Tuesday 4 June 11.15 to 11.45am, Neston - Rhymetime
- Tuesday 4 June 12 to 7pm, Tarvin - Book character hunt
- Tuesday 4 June 1.30 to 7pm, Malpas - Book character hunt
- Tuesday 4 June 2.15 to 2.45pm, Frodsham - Rhymetime and toy sleepover
- Tuesday 4 June 2.30 to 3pm, Tattenhall - Rhymetime
- Tuesday 4 June 3.30 to 4.30pm, Sandiway - Storytime and crafts
- Wednesday 5 June 10.30am to 12pm, Lees Lane Woods - Story walk, rhymes and crafts
- Wednesday 5 June 10.30 to 11.30am, Westminster Park - Storytime and crafts
- Wednesday 5 June 1 to 2pm, Whitby Park - Storytime and crafts
- Thursday 6 June 10.30 to 11am, Winsford - Storytime and toy sleepover
- Thursday 6 June 10.30 to 11am, Northwich - Baby Bounce
- Thursday 6 June 11 to 11.30am, Northwich - Sign and Sign
- Thursday 6 June 11.30am to 12pm, Northwich - Baby Bounce
- Thursday 6 June 1.30 to 2.30pm, Blacon - “Bump and Rhyme” for pregnant mums
- Thursday 6 June 1.30 to 5pm, Tarvin - Book character hunt
- Thursday 6 June 1.30 to 7pm, Tarporley - Book character hunt
- Thursday 6 June 1.30-7pm, Malpas - Book character hunt
- Thursday 6 June 2.30-3pm, Barnton - Rhymetime and crafts
- Friday 7 June 10.30-11am, Sandiway - Sing and Sign
- Friday 7 June 11-11.30am, Sandiway - Baby Bounce
- Friday 7 June 11-11.30am, Weaverham - Rhymetime and toy sleepover
- Friday 7 June 11-11.30am, Frodsham - Rhymetime
- Friday 7 June 11-11.30am, Helsby - Story/rhymetime and toy sleepover
For more information about Pyjamarama: https://www.booktrust.org.uk/what-we-do/programmes-and-campaigns/pyjamarama/
Please be aware that the facility above is a Facebook service, posting your views will make some of your Facebook information visible to everyone (as with any Facebook activity).
The system administrators (VISAV Limited) monitor the content added. Any misuse or objectionable material should be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org
The views expressed do not represent the views of the system administrators who are VISAV Limited, the Police, Neighbourhood Watch and other Information Provider using this service. The System Administrators make no guarantee, endorsement and accept no liability, regarding the discussion service above, including, but not limited to, its availability, accuracy, currency, content, quality or lack of objectionable or offensive content.