Runcorn Local Policing Unit, Norton North
Crime update –
- There has been an attempt burglary dwelling on Bayvill Close, offenders have climbed over the fence to the rear of the property but were disturbed by the occupants. No entry was gained to the property.
- A fuel cap filter was stolen from a vehicle on Clarendon Close.
- Male arrested for drug driving on Marina Village.
ASB/criminal damage –
- Off-road bike reported around Warrencroft and Micklegate earlier in the month – OP SCAMBLER is now underway to tackle off-road bikes in the area.
Suspicious activity –
- Suspicious male seen walking down towards Preston Brook Marina, early hours of the morning wearing a scarf over his face. An area search was made with no trace of the male.
Roads Policing –
- A vehicle has crashed into another vehicle before making off and crashing into a tree on Murdishaw Avenue. Male arrested for drink driving.
- I will be undertaking speed enforcement on Norton Station Road facing towards Windmill Hill avenue East at the request of local residents.
Community information –
- Bike marking event on Saturday 18th August was slightly disappointing with on 5 bikes being marked.
Upcoming Police surgeries to be held at Murdishaw Community Centre –
Thursday 6th September 2018 – 5-6pm
Wednesday 12th September 2018 – 12-1pm
Wednesday 19th September 2018 – 5-6pm
Thursday 27th September 2018 – 5-6pm
Home Watch -
If any members of Cheshire Alert would like to set-up and become a coordinator of a watch scheme then we as the police will offer support and advice in any way we can, my e-mail is attached at the bottom of this newsletter and I look forward to hearing from anyone who wishes to set-up a scheme that we can get involved with.
Alternatively follow this link - https://www.ourwatch.org.uk/
Norton North Beat Team –
Norton North Police
Runcorn Police Station
PCSO Chris McCue
PC Adam Kenwright (No image)